• 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If you aren't completely happy with your Kindermusik experience after attending at least five fall or spring classes (or three summer classes) ), we'll refund or credit all of your tuition except for the cost of Home Materials which are yours to keep and enjoy. Pro-rated tuition refunds are also given in case of withdrawal due to unforeseen circumstances.
• Kindermusik studio classes require a minimum of 6 students, otherwise it will be cancelled. If the class is cancelled, we will make every effort to place your child in another class, or we will refund your tuition. Thank you for understanding.
• In the unlikely event that one of the Kindermusik educator’s must cancel a class, the session will run for one week longer. If, in this event, you are unable to attend the last class, you will be credited $10 toward your next semester.
Make-Up Class Policy
• MAKE-UPS WILL BE OFFERED IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE IN OTHER CLASSES.
• Make up classes are offered during the semester in which you enrolled and paid. Please understand we cannot allow make-up classes to carry over to other semesters. If you have an extenuating circumstance toward the end of a semester, Ms. Annette will try her best to accommodate you in another class. Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis.
• PLEASE BE PROMPT TO CLASS. Plan to arrive about 5-10 minutes early for class. Arriving a little before class (but not too early) allows the children time to settle in to the musical environment as they enjoy exploring instruments, reading books, or listening to music.
• WHAT TO BRING AND NOT BRING INTO THE STUDIO CLASSROOM. Please dress comfortably. Socks or bare feet are best. Plan to leave your and your child’s shoes by the door during class. Please bring a blanket to village classes each week if you have an infant under 6 months of age.
• In order not to distract other children in the class, we do request that toys, juice cups, snacks, and pacifiers be kept out of sight in the classroom and that snacks be finished prior to entering the classroom. Some children are highly allergic to certain types of food that you may bring into the classroom for your child. At this young of age, it’s almost impossible to keep cracker crumbs, juice cups, etc… away from the other toddlers in the room.
• It is ideal for a parent to bring only the enrolled child to class in order to give full attention to that child and fully participate in class. Emergency situations are considered however, so please ask if a non-enrolled sibling must “tagalong”. Infant siblings and always welcome into any Kindermusik classes if they are contained in a stroller or car seat. Siblings are welcome for Family Sharing time in the Move & Groove and Young Child classes.
• If at all possible, please turn cell phones off during class. Plan to visit with other parents during gathering time or as you leave but not DURING class! Chatting parents can be a distraction and frustration to your child, other parents and children (as well as the teacher!). Your child will appreciate the effort you put into making him or her a priority during this special time!
Making the most of your Kindermusik experience
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CHILD IS TO BE FOCUSED ON THEM, BE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN THE CLASS, AND BE A PATIENT ROLE MODEL. Your child may not follow the teacher at first, but they will follow you. Many parents tell us that they see a completely different child at home as they share Kindermusik activities there. It’s okay if your child is hesitant in the group environment. Please remember, Kindermusik is PROCESS oriented, not PERFORMANCE focused!
If your child cannot focus on the present activity—don’t worry, but do actively attempt to refocus or quietly engage him/her in participating in his/her own way. If fact, many children often take several classes to begin to feel comfortable in class. Don’t be discouraged— what’s most important is what the children do musically at home. The understanding and consistency of the parent or caregiver both in class and at home are key to the process of musical learning and growth being facilitated.
We understand that these young children are still learning how to interact in a group setting, but we must ask that you be sensitive not to compromise the safety or enjoyment of others in class. If your child is having difficulty focusing or participating, gently redirect his or her attention. If your child becomes disruptive (crying, screaming, running—it happens to all of us!), please step outside of the classroom to give your child a moment to calm down. Do come back in as soon as you can! You and your child will benefit enormously from the Kindermusik experience, especially if you make active use of your At Home Materials. Frequent reinforcement at home during the week makes all the difference in a child’s comfort and participation in class.
Free Kindermusik classes & Demo classes are a great way to receive discounts
FREE VISITS. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO INVITE FRIENDS TO COME TRY OUT A FREE CLASS. We just ask that if you would like to bring a prospective family to class, just notify the Kindermusik teacher prior to the visit. Spectators are welcome at any time. If you have out of town family or friends with a child the same age as yours, they can come one time and participate in the class for $10 per class; if there is room in the class. Our Kindermusik demo classes are a great idea for playgroups, Sunday school classes, pre-school friends, Mother's Morning Out friends, or any group looking for new activities to share together! This is great way to win $10 credit for future Kindermusik classes. (See this link that gives the details about our referral policy.)
We understand about financial issues that arise (especially in our economy today) and we work with each of you on payments. We even have a Paypal payment plan online in order to have your monthly payment automatically charged to your credit card. See the Paypal link on our website.
We give our advertising money back to our families, instead of other forms of media advertising. Our families are the BEST promoters and we love to credit you $10 toward your child’s tuition whenever you refer a friend and they pay in full for a semester.
Our practices for a Healthy, Happy Kindermusik classroom
We want all our families to know that we go to great lengths to keep germs out of our classroom! Here are a few of our practices:
• We encourage hand sanitizing when students come into the classroom and upon leaving
• We have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes out during class
• We start our classes each day with cleaned instruments and scarves and then separate used instruments after each activity. Each evening we clean and wash instruments/props with disinfecting solution and scarves in washing machine.
• We provide and promote unlimited make up classes so parents feel comfortable staying home when their child is a bit under the weather.